Staff Engineer Packaging Design
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Engineer Packaging Design, are to:
- Define packaging system module level requirements and be responsible for the design and integration of high complexity packaging design elements with sterile disposable product designs;
- Design and develop innovative packaging solutions that satisfy the product requirements and support optimization of total manufacturing cost from packaging through sterilization, warehousing and distribution for both high and low volume products;
- Leverage proven analytical capabilities (including modeling, simulation, statistical analysis, analytical design tools, etc.) and test methods to deliver robust design solutions in alignment with program plans;
- Apply understanding of product line, clinical applications and manufacturing processes to develop product packaging functionality;
- Lead a cross-functional package development team for significant scope projects through the application of effective planning, tracking and communication tools that foster cross-functional teamwork;
- Proactively communicate relevant information and needs to project leads and management;
- Apply fundamental concepts and processes including:
design input, design output, design controls, design and
development plans, design requirement specifications, design
reviews, DOEs, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Risk Reduction, V&V test
methodologies, ISO11607, and knowledge of sterile barrier
protective packaging systems, material characteristics, including
sterilization process compatibility.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Science, Mechanical or Plastics Engineering;
- Seven years of overall packaging design experience with significant depth of knowledge of form, fill and seal processes and thermoformed rigid and flexible primary packaging systems;
- Strong working knowledge/ skill in the application of mechanical and package design analysis and simulation tools in the development of robust design solutions including, but not limited to: PTC Creo Elements/Pro CAD, Abaqus FEA and MS Simulation;
- Proven competence in the application of systematic product development processes;
- Proven strong judgment in technical trade-offs and analyses;
- Direct experience within a FDA regulated industry with cGMP knowledge;
- General cross-discipline engineering knowledge;
- Pharmaceutical or foods industry experience;
- Strong communication skills supported by competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Minitab and PowerPoint).
- Master’s degree;
- Medical device industry experience.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.