Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile Applications and Software Development (iOS/Android)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sr. Software Engineer – Mobile Software, are to:
- Collaborate with product owners/business partners to understand business priorities and goals, and guide software engineering teams through appropriate application of technical architecture practices;
- Perform hands on coding to help product team(s) to deliver on product goals/vision, accountability for technical stack, and direction of the product platform;
- Build sustainable products that are highly available, scalable, easy to maintain and fault tolerant; and provide continuous support for ongoing application availability and scalability;
- Work with architects and software engineers/developers across platform/product teams to evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
- Please note that this role will be located in St. Louis, MO. While we will offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates, we cannot accommodate a remote/telecommute working arrangement.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline;
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in mobile software development;
- Experience with design, architecture, and build of highly scalable mobile apps (Android and/or iOS) with modern rich user experiences;
- History of published apps in the market through Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store;
- Strong experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for server-side development using Java/Kotlin as the primary language;
- Strong experience coding in Swift and/or Objective-C;
- Experience coding with C# using Xamarin;
- Experience with Core Data, SQLite or similar;
- Knowledge of the following: JSON, XML, REST web service framework and/or push notification;
- Proven knowledge of test driven development and test framework in iOS, Android and/or Xamarin;
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following: code repository management, code merge, quality checks and/or continuous integration tools and/or framework;
- Experience in delivering quality product in an Agile environment.
- Experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software;
- Experience with setting up technical standards along with monitoring and reporting;
- Familiarity with mobile UX/UI design best practices;
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and Google's Material Design Guidelines.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Creve Coeur, MO-Saint Louis
Functional Area: [sap_fa_8]
Entry Level: 5