Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack), are to:
- Design efficient, scalable, secure, and robust application architectures;
- Design, write, and test high-quality, performant, and functional code to solve business challenges;
- Hold self and team accountable to industry and internal best practices/standards;
- Be part of problem definition and ideation in partnership with the Product Owner(s);
- Drive the adoption of new technologies and spur innovation;
- Ask "why?"
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with
- Java and/or C#.NET development;
- Object-oriented design experience, including applied use of design patterns and MVC technologies;
- Detailed knowledge of middle/back-end technologies (at least one: Java/C#, API design, API gateways, and/or container/docker);
- Experience designing and/or contributing to highly scalable and distributed software systems;
- Experience creating unit tests, integration testing, and test automation;
- Practical experience setting up and leveraging Amazon Web Services technologies;
- Experience/familiarity with the
- Code repository management;
- Code merge;
- Quality checks;
- Continuous integration;
- Automated deployment & management using tools (such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, and/or other comparable tool).
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.);
- Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL (graph, key: value, document, etc.);
- Experience with building APIs using GraphQL, node.JS, and other technologies.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_8]
Entry Level: 5