Sr Accounting Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sr. Accounting Specialist, are to:
- Manage, design and/or perform various monthly, quarterly, and year- end closing activities. This includes providing essential cost information via various reports to the Bayer U.S. legal entities and analysis of various accruals and labor distribution postings to ensure accuracy;
- Perform or review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for the various Bayer U.S. legal entities that Payroll Accounting services. This also includes establishing a productive working relationship with HR colleagues to resolve reconciling items that are discovered as part of this process;
- Maintain the interface between HR system and GL systems. The accuracy of this interface is essential to have correct general ledger postings of the labor distributions generated by the SAP payroll system;
- Act as the primary accounting liaison in the U.S. between HR and the Accounting Business Partners, Finance Business Partners, and Controlling communities working with all levels of management across Bayer U.S. legal entities to proactively provide information and support needed;
- Integrate Bayer L.I.F.E. values into every aspect of the Team as we strive to maintain our excellent level of service that we provide to our internal Bayer customers;
- Identify and drive complexity reduction initiatives in the HR/Accounting activities. Work with local HR and global Accounting colleagues to drive continuous improvement in our process;
- Lead GL/Reporting annual initiatives. Past initiatives have included communication, recruiting, stakeholder management etc. Also act as project manager and/or project lead on new initiatives and organizational changes impacting accounting;
- Oversee the completion of the preparation of financial statements for employee benefit plans and manage the audits of these plans;
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree with 7+years of Accounting, finance or relevant experience. MBA or CPA with 5+ years of relevant experience will also be acceptable.
- Demonstrates technical ability to understand and apply financial and/or regulatory knowledge to a wide range of situations with varying degrees of complexity
- Experience preparing and/or auditing employee benefit plans strongly preferred
- Payroll process experience in the U.S. is not required but would be beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of the requirements of technical accounting, consolidation, and financial reporting in a corporate environment.
- Prior experience in external reporting.
- Demonstrates technical ability to understand and apply financial and/or regulatory knowledge toa wide range of situations with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong business partnering skills and the ability to influence stakeholders without authority
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work and make decisions autonomously
- Demonstrated alignment with Bayer's Values (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency).
- Proven track-record of leading and developing people.
- Innate ability to influence people and lead change, projects, and initiatives.
- Excellent ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and with individuals from various parts of the organization.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Saint Joseph, MO-St. Louis, MO-St. Louis
Functional Area: [sap_fa_3]
Entry Level: 3