Sourcing Associate Manager - Engineering Services CSA (Civil Structural Architecture)
Your tasks and responsibilities
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sourcing Associate Manager - Engineering Services CSA (Civil Structural Architecture), are to:
- Interact regularly with site/divisional management and functions, including senior level stakeholders;
- Develops network of external and internal contacts appropriate to job responsibilities;
- Serve as site procurement lead on assigned projects related to the planning, management, negotiation, and procurement of MRO and capital goods and services;
- Support multiple sites, multiple suppliers, work with Director level stakeholders, interacts with above country resources to plan, align and execute;
- Implement (country) basic sourcing strategies and initiatives for his/her materials and services, ensuring alignment, compliance with Procurement guideline, as well as other internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance;
- Understand business needs & engage with middle and partially senior management stakeholders to meet their priorities and requirements and therefore, builds effective, trustful, personal relationships;
- Work with senior team members to execute innovative ideas by having a detailed understanding of stakeholder requirements and work with suppliers to find new/alternative solutions to improve business performance, process improvement and efficiency;
- Plan and execute low to medium complexity sourcing events to create a competitive advantage, e.g. spend reduction, supply security and / or time-to-market.
- Assist in preparing supplier negotiations, award suppliers and conduct post negotiation debriefs;
- Translate results of sourcing strategies, initiatives and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing.
- Executes performance improvement programs and transformation initiatives in collaboration with Business Partner Organization, Functional Leadership and Source to Pay functional pillars.
- Drives sourcing excellence and ensures consistent and sustainable application of state of the art sourcing methodologies and tool utilization along the Source-to-Pay process.
- Helps drive contract execution by Monitoring contractual agreements and clauses over entire lifecycle and minimizes exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function.
- Analyzes and understands total cost of ownership structures for area(s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models (e.g. performance- or indices-based pricing).
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of professional business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Good understanding of business needs & challenges;
- Solid category/Subject Matter Expert knowledge of the Site Operations category & Capital projects;
- Capable leadership skills;
- Team-oriented leadership skills honed through experience with senior management;
- High proficiency level in English;
- Excellent communication strategy and messaging skills with the ability to build long term partnerships;
- Results orientated;
- Capable negotiation skills;
- Analytic and decision making skills.
- Master’s degree;
- Procurement experience.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.