Senior Principal Engineer Global Best Practices
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Principal Engineer Global Best Practices are to:
- Define framework and develop strategic roadmap for Bayer
CH Packaging Systems & Best Practices, including:
- Identify key platform focus areas for overall Packaging and Design organization;
- Develop 3-5 year plan for areas encompassing the evolution of best practice solution portfolios from current to future state;
- Harmonize approach and standards for Global Packaging validation protocols;
- Develop project ‘tools’ (packaging brief, technical criteria, specification templates);
- Create packaging standards for primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging.
- Facilitate collaborative business process and solution architecture discussions with our internal customer’s and IT specifically within the Packaging Engineering Line of Business Partner;
- Support business model innovation and business process re-design/optimization based on internal customer’s needs;
- Leverage industry and Oracle/SAP best practice, reference architectures as well as model companies;
- Ensure effective process, system and data transfer of information to the factory / CMO;
- Perform packaging leadership of PS strategic projects, eg Generate, Pack-to-fit, and other key supply chain efficiency, harmonization, quality, and cost saving initiatives;
- Collaborate with the broader P&D group as well as all cross-functional partners to ensure smooth transfer of information, holistic understanding of project needs, and adherence to requirements;
- Develop key external partnerships (in collaboration with Procurement) to ensure best fit to project needs, work efficiency and speed reduction targets;
- Manage and promote best practice;
- Partner with the P&D community in the development and execution of training opportunities.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Packaging Engineering Bachelors Degree (or equivalent degree) with minimum of ten years experience or a Master’s Degree (or equivalent degree) with minimum of six years experience;
- A proven track record in managing ‘holistic’ packaging development, including the creation, development and delivery of ownable structural and functional consumer impactful packaging innovations, resulting in notable commercial impact; Business protection and maintenance of launched packaging, ensuring efficient production and best in class quality in the supply chain;
- Consumer Healthcare experience;
- Fit to Win Competencies: Dealing with ambiguity, Business Acumen, Conflict management, Organizational agility & perspective, Problem solving, Drive for results;
- Fit to Win Skills: Communication skills, Project planning, Packaging manufacturing/PS principles, Finance, Analytics.
- Business systems knowledge (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.