Senior Manager Shutdown Planning
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Shutdown Planning, are to:
Provide effective leadership including: Individual
setting/performance reviews, managing the development of employees,
recognizing and appreciating employee contributions, mitigating conflict
and communication problems, planning and facilitating team activities,
selecting personnel and motivating members of the functional area;
supporting workforce diversity, quality and safety and supporting
supervisors in the management of their employees/department which
support achievement of individual/department/business objectives
1. TA Planning: Facilitate site-wide TA schedule with Supply Chain and
Technical System Owners, to meet operational requirements with adequate
maintenance and contractor resources. Early escalation of potential
threats, risks, deviations and opportunities to the TA Steering
2. TA Scheduling: Develop and coordinate TA schedule with cross
functional teams including Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Quality
Control, Production, Maintenance and Technical System Owner plant. Use
scheduling software to produce Gantt charts, critical path analysis and
resource leveling for maintenance planner to execute TA .
3. Review maintenance planner schedule progress during shutdowns,
identifying critical path impacts, delays, acceleration, and
compression. Communicate turn-around progress meetings to steering
committees and site management.
4. Responsible for an efficient execution strategy: Optimize plant
shutdowns durations and effectiveness through planning, scheduling and
coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, equipment, and
5. Preparation of turnaround concepts (planning & execution) according
to site methodology, including implementation of best practices and
lessons learned (including TA templates)
6. Integration of all relevant contractors / vendors in turn-around
schedule to ensure efficient execution in close cooperation with
Technical System Owner.
7. Responsible to set up an efficient system for TA scope control
8. Manage and train other planners and schedulers, and provide support
for routine planning and scheduling.
9. Drive and Implement planning scheduling improvements.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. in Engineering or other applicable B.S. discipline
- BS 10+years relevant experience OR MS 8+ years 5+ years of relevant experience in managing a team of technically skilled employees in Engineering discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- •Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech production processes as well as good understanding of cGMP requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Proficient in SAP
- Proficient computer skills to include excel, word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to support and prioritize many diverse activities simultaneously while meeting schedule commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a site-wide customer base
- Highly proficient in MS Project, Critical Path Scheduling, Resource Loading and Leveling
- Strong project management skills.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5