Senior Manager, Brand Marketer - Aleve
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Brand Marketer will lead and support delivery projects for Consumer Health (CH) North America with focus on the assigned business unit. This position will support the business unit pipeline, with the goal of growing the business through commercialization of offerings. This pipeline will consist of sustainable core innovation, adjacencies, and potentially assessing opportunities in new markets or new business models, depending on the objectives and priorities set by the strategic business unit, and executing on these opportunities.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager, Brand Marketer, are to:
- Drive U.S. New Product Development (NPD) and Strengthen U.S. Innovation Category Pipeline;
- Partner with brand pods to create robust 5 year pipelines covering key brands in the business unit that deliver business objectives for North America. This should cover line extensions related to new "claim" areas, adjacencies, and new markets/new business models as strategically appropriate for each category/division;
- Lead U.S. innovation activities for and with U.S. Brand Team. Work with brand teams to identify specific strategic goals, lead early-stage project management while scoping a project, through insights mining, ideation and concept development;
- Work with I&D on tactical and strategic components of projects within the business units through implementation;
- Keep overall stakeholders apprised of key milestones and project timing;
- Conduct and analyze research and data to support innovation projects;
- Conduct market landscapes and situation analyses to develop project rationale, Conduct "Triangle" analyses in support of business cases mining Consumer Insights and Concept Development;
- Understand and apply consumer insights. Write/develop concepts based on deep consumer understanding, Partner with external vendors, when appropriate, to develop new concept designs and prototypes that meet unmet consumer needs Coordinate cross-functional team meetings and innovation workshops;
- Run regular cross-functional team meetings to drive projects forward;
- Coordinate and build alignment with key brand team, procurement, LMR, I&D, and project management functions to understand key concerns and address them as appropriate;
- Prepare concepts and prototypes for test- Prepare and coordinate all necessary inputs with cross-functional teams to test concepts and ideas quickly and efficiently, to understand appeal and scale of opportunity;
- Develop robust business cases- Work along with finance, brand, sales, consumer insights, and demand planners to develop assumptions that maximize opportunities and meet key financial metrics;
- Lead building of demand curves/models along with team, develop innovation stage gate documents with cross functional resources;
- Stay on top of latest thinking on innovation to drive new thinking on driving projects to execution with cross-functional team, and work with New Growth Initiatives and Innovation Capabilities team.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Education: Knowledge equivalent to BS/BA degree (MBA desirable) plus 9 years' experience in marketing, preferably in innovation or product development roles, ideally in the CPG industry or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with consumer and customer insights, market landscape, concept writing skills, relevant experience in building business cases and analyzing data, implementing new leading teams is all preferred;
- Fit to Win
- Builds effective teams, cultivates innovation, learning and change agility, customer focus, action oriented/drives results, collaborates globally and locally, plans and aligns, drives stakeholder engagement, effectively manages suppliers;
- Fit to Win
- Financial and Operational Acumen: Excellent financial management skills to critically and objectively assess programs and investments versus results. Ability to streamline operational processes and drive efficiency through the use of technology;
- Analytical Acumen: Superior analytical ability, assessing different models and related outputs. Experience with business forecasting a plus. Strong commercial understanding of US business environment and tangible success in innovation work and strong attention to detail with an openness to new thinking balanced with realistic business needs;
- Marketing Brand Building: Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to create an environment that encourages innovation and risk taking. Ability to engage in positive/productive debate with the leaders of key internal constituent groups and navigate through ambiguity. Ability to collaborate and influence key stakeholders with empathy, a bias for action, and a passion for creating value;
- P&L Management: Takes activist ownership of bottom line, and has experience owning L.O.B. budgets and results.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_19]
Entry Level: 5