Senior IEC/PCT Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer CropScience L.P. seek a Senior Instrumentation, Electrical and Controls (IEC)/Process Control Technology (PCT) Engineer to work in Kansas City, MO.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior IEC/PCT Engineer, are to:
- provide IEC/PCT engineering services for the preparation and execution of IEC/PCT portions of projects for chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or a related field plus four (4) years of experience in a related PCT position in/at a chemical, industrial or pharmaceutical facility or a
- bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or a related field plus six (6) years of post-baccalaureate and progressively responsible experience in a related PCT position in/at a chemical, industrial or pharmaceutical facility.
- participation in Process Hazard Assessments (PHA) or equivalent to determine the required safety integrity level (SIL) for safety functions;
- development of Safety Requirements Specifications (SRS) or equivalent;
- SIL Verification;
- specifying Safety Instrumented System (SIS) hardware and software requirements;
- I&E or PCT design, engineering and process control strategies and systems used in chemical, industrial, or pharmaceutical facilities;
- PCT programming and documentation standards;
- relevant national and international standards in the area of process control and electrical distribution low/medium voltage (i.e., NEC, IEC, etc.);
- project management skills, including project planning, scheduling, cost control, and contract development; estimating and cost control; schedule compliance; and scope control/change management; and
- overseeing cross functional project engineering personnel.
Experience can be concurrent.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Kansas City
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5