Senior Global Project Leader Therapeutics
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Global Project Leader Therapeutics, are to:
- Be efficient and timely in project leadership according to the NPD process to deliver projects on time, on budget, within the Target Project Profile (TPP), meeting required quality and success criteria;
- Lead the cross functional Global Project Team (GPT) and hold GPT members and other research and development (R&D), Category Leadership, Commercial, Communications, Legal, HR, and PS functions accountable for their deliverables on his/her projects;
- Ensure planning and project management occurs according to the established governance process and project management process;
- Manage the end-to-end budget for her/his NPD, including all internal and external resource costs; and tracks and monitors the Return of Investment of the NPD;
- Be responsible for transparency and reporting of the progress the NPD, especially with regard to quality assurance, goal achievement, project risks, timelines and budgets to enable decision making based on objective and reliable information;
- Oversee the risk assessment the NPD and summarize opportunities and barriers to project success with clearly outlined solution options;
- Escalate issues as needed to ensure course correction prior to off-track events occurring;
- Partner closely with Global Commercial Lead (GCL) to deliver the PSF (Project Submission Form) and the business case contributing to completion of Gate A submission;
- Collaborate closely with GCL throughout the entire development phase to ensure commercial alignment. After successful launch in lead markets, ensure proper hand over to GCL and launch team for launch roll-out;
- Supervise Global Project Managers where/when appropriate depending on future staffing levels / needs.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors of Science degree with emphasis on chemistry, biological sciences, engineering or medical sciences;
- Minimum seven to ten years of industry experience with proven track record in leading individuals and teams in cross-functional international environments as well as in achieving superior results as project leader;
- Highly effective leadership skills energizing and enabling teams to achieve outstanding results;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills and ability to interface at senior level with third parties/ development partners;
- Successfully delivering results in global matrix organizations;
- Incumbent must embrace change and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Post-graduate technical degree and/or project management credentials;
- Advanced degree (PhD, M.B.A.);
- Experience in product development, regulatory, clinical development etc.;
- Proficiency of English and a second global language.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.