Senior Global Project Leader - R&D Nutritionals & Digestive Health
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Global Project Leader, are to:
- Expected to lead between 6 – 10 projects with a significant number of high complexity projects;
- Lead cross-functional Global Project Team (GPT) and hold GPT members and other R&D, Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, PS and Country functions accountable for their deliverables on his/her projects;
- Be main partner for Technical Innovation Directors/Leads (TIDs) for their assigned Category scope ensuring smooth contracting process and transition ideation to feasibility and development;
- Ensure appropriateness of global project management principles and best practices, oversees the assessment of all project risks, develops necessary mitigations and provides relevant and transparent project information to senior management and stakeholders.
- Show agility, pragmatism and creativity in progressing the interdependent project workstreams and problem solving;
- Ensure planning and project management is guided by the established governance and project management processes, and is appropriate for the specific project; Allows flexibility in approach for efficient and effective delivery where project scope permits, in close communication with R&D Unit Head and GCT leader;
- Manage end-to-end budget for her/his NPD project, including all internal and external resource costs. In addition, Sr GPL is responsible for the rolled up budget for their category and / or brands ensuring visibly to spend across a portfolio of projects;
- Oversees risk assessments and identify barriers for the project, and develop clearly outlined mitigation and solution options and opportunities for enhanced project success. Escalate issues as needed to ensure necessary decisions and course correction prior to off-track events occurring;
- Collaborates closely with Commercial Lead throughout the entire development phase to ensure commercial alignment. After successful launch in lead markets, ensure proper hand over to Commercial Lead and launch team for further launch roll-out.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE AS WELL AS VISA SPONSORSHIP
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent degree) minimum of 12 years of business or project management or innovation experience; Master’s degree with minimum of 8 years of business or project management or innovation experience or PhD with a minimum of 6 years of business or project management or innovation experience. International equivalent degrees are acceptable with noted years of experience;
- Significant Project Management and Industry experience with proven track record in leading individuals and teams in cross-functional international environments, as well as in achieving superior results as a project leader;
- Experience in Consumer Health and/or Consumer Goods business and the drive to work in fast-pace, delivery-focused organization.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5