Senior Engineering Manager Embedded Software
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Engineering Manager Embedded Software, are to:
- Lead the embedded software team tasked with developing and sustaining Bayer Radiology medical devices
- Significant impact to current and future business performance through building a functionally excellent infrastructure (knowledge, processes and systems) to handle complex responsibilities.
- Recognize and attract high-performance talent
- Mentor and train existing team members and new hires through one on one coaching and team-wide initiatives
- Builds strong organizational capability for current and future needs.
- Develop plans and strategies to allocate, prioritize, and adjust resources as needed to achieve business goals
- Evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and software development processes
- Champion best practices and execute productivity improvement initiatives
- Define and align software development strategies with internal and external stakeholder needs and product roadmaps
- Sets functional and business objectives and measures results.
- Creates and manages department objectives and functional development plan
- Integrates functional infrastructure (people, process, tools) with business strategies.
- Effectively evaluates and communicates broad technical issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverages multiple engineering disciplines and cross-functional skills to formulate and communicate technically sound arguments that influence technical direction and specific decision-making.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 12 Years balancing business needs and technical excellence.
- Software Engineering Functional Management, Project Management Experience
- Competence in select, critical product technologies with a systems level perspective
- Anticipating foreseeable technical situations, analyzing, identifying problems and directing technical resources. Required
- Building technical organizations to align with portfolio plans and R&D strategies
- Ensuring appropriate integration with product development processes.
- Progressive software development leadership experience
- Hands-on experience as an embedded software developer
- Experience planning and delivering complex, high-quality software
- systems with tight deadlines
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, and managing teams of highly skilled engineers
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with medical device software development processes
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5