Senior Engineer Facility and Utility
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer US LLC's Berkeley, CA, office seeks a Senior Engineer Facility and Utility who will be responsible for providing leadership for the Facility and Utilities in the CCTC (mAb Drug Stance Production) and acting as the CCTC Facility and Utility Technical System Owner (TSO).
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Engineer Facility and Utility, are to:
- planning, coordination, and execution of all technical activities related to the CCTC facility and the utilities within;
- supporting the CCTC facility and utility design and implementation and acting as the receiving party/systems owner for the project;
- ensuring reliability and maximizes uptime of the facilities and utilities for preventive and predictive measures as well as defining and implementing strategies to maintain and continuously improve system performance;
- supporting the development of the Facility and Asset Life Cycle Management (ALCM) strategy for the CCTC facility and utilities and owns the implementation/execution of the process;
- partnering with Quality Unit and Production representatives to determine root causes of discrepancies (DR) as well as implementing corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA) to prevent recurrence;
- planning and implementing small to medium projects for continuous improvement and facility modification; and
- assisting with facilities and utility operating budgets and adhering to prime spending and Capital Budget in accordance with company guidelines.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering plus one (1) year of experience in a related position.
- managing projects in a GMP environment;
- designing process equipment and developing technical specifications for the equipment using software such as Aspen Plus;
- developing process specification documents (User Requirement Specification, Impact Assessments) for technical systems;
- performing process risk assessments (failure mode analysis), cause and effect analysis and detailed HAZOP analysis;
- applying chemical engineering knowledge and cGMP requirements for commissioning, installation qualification, operational qualification and performance qualification and decommissioning of general GMP facility equipment’s like Controlled Temperature Equipment, Glasswashers, Purified Water systems etc. as well as equipment troubleshooting;
- Basic Engineering workflow, facilities management practices, maintenance, of equipment work flow along with experience in SAP Fam Software, specifically equipment maintenance transactions experience with Z1, Z2, Z3s, IP18, IP24 etc., GMP documentation lifecycle experience in ValGenesis, Engineering Document Management System (EDMS/Documentum);
- executing technical and technological assessments to determine new equipment purchase;
- organizing and motivating peers towards common objectives by conveying a sense of leadership, vision and allowing diverse perspectives; and
- working on assignments as a part of international and diverse cross functional teams.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_20]
Entry Level: 5