Your tasks and responsibilities
- Aid and lead the development of cell based screening assays;
- Execute various cell based assays for lead candidates;
- Maintain human induced pluripotent stem cell culture (hiPSC) and regularly differentiate cells towards cardiomyocytes;
- Perform as well as design experiments for different assays or procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems requiring original thought;
- Prepare and update experimental protocols;
- Aid in the fabrication of engineered systems involving iPS cells;
- Perform immunostaining and fluorescent imaging;
- Execute standard molecular and cellular assays: PCR, western blots, virus preparation;
- Independently perform data analysis and effectively interpret results;
- Prepare reports and presentations;
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and interdisciplinary teams;
- Open to taking on challenging projects.
Who you are
Qualification & Competencies:
- Data analysis and sharing skills are required;
- Understanding of cardiomyocyte physiology is desired but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prepare reports and clearly interpret the results of complex experiments;
- Basic understanding of gene editing technologies is desired;
- BS or MS Degree in Biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field;
- General mammalian cell culture experience;
- Prior work in imaging and image based analysis is desired.
- Experience with induced pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation toward cardiomyocyte;
- Desired experience in solid works, Matlab and Autocad would be a plus;
- Experience with computational and data sharing skills is a plus.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5