Regional Automation Eng
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Automation Engineer, are to:
- Ability to conceive, design, install, start-up and commission smaller scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites;
- Lead and drive PLC, HMI programming and IT management efforts at sites;
- Grow and design of company core logic, standard HMI logic, IT process control network, and GPS systems and other field equipment;
- Become expert with site’s production and control system needs and provide technical support;
- Monitor/trend, identify, and develop solutions to control system;
- Learn critical process equipment in order to resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with other automation engineers to ensure strong network and alignment on approaches and standardized systems;
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years working experience;
- Knowledgeable in computing systems, control system hardware including instrumentation PLC and HMI equipment;
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment;
- Seasonality of the business will require longer hours during certain times throughout the year;
- Ability to travel. Average travel required is 30% and up to 50% during busy periods.
Domestic Relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5