Regional Account Executive Health Plans & PBMs West
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Account Executive Health Plans & PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Management) West, are to:
- Execute Customer Strategy and Regional Business expertise;
- Deliver and maintain profitable access, advantageous policy, and appropriate reimbursement for Bayer products at Regional customer accounts through commercialization of launch products and life cycle management of portfolio;
- Create innovative business opportunities to drive profitable short and long-term customer partnerships;
- Have deep insight into customer enterprise, policy, benefit, clinical evaluation, and legislation impact to the customer and the regional market;
- Be accountable to drive outcomes and flawless execution of developed plan;
- Ability to navigate deep into the payer/PBM, manage executive engagements, foster customer touch points within Pharmacy, Medical, policy, and reimbursement;
- Drive payer access across regional Payers through alignment of National PBM wins deep enduring relationships developed with Key Regional Executive Customers;
- Internal Collaborating, Coordinating and Alignment Resource Management: effective use of Medical/HEOR, Brand Teams and BUs, to optimize customer opportunities;
- Customer resource through knowledge of Bayer relevant therapeutic areas and market trends that are current, intensive data analytics for category performance, and field level KOL knowledge of product real world use and trending treatment algorithms for best in class account resource;
- Identify and monitor new or evolving market dynamics and impact to customer systems and provide input internally for prioritizing coverage for optimal access;
- Act as the regional point and manage strategy across the organization through coordination and alignment of KAMs, FRMs, FSDs, RSMs, and HIS RDs while working with payer marketing, channel leads, and contracting ability to remove silos within Bayer to accomplish customer strategy;
- Securing access and delivering profitable outcomes;
- Meet departmental and brand expectations inclusive of stretch goals through appropriate resource management, strategic innovative thinking;
- Drive innovation through novel and best in class approaches;
- Understand the long term impact based on market dynamics now and in the future, and facilitates strategy, and plan implementation to produce long term profitable access while meeting short term key brand performance metrics;
- Identify gaps, trends, opportunities for credibility.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 10 years’ related work experience in management roles in the pharmaceutical industry;
- 3 years’ Managed Markets experience;
- 3 years’ Experience in a supervisory role, or position leading a team or teams through influence;
- In-depth understanding of how Payer and PBM businesses operate and generate revenue nationally and within the market Identifies future policies, practices and trends with Payers and PBM’s and with competition in the marketplace;
- Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions with Payers and PBM’s and cross functionally within Bayer.
- Master’s Degree;
- Experience executing market access strategies for PBM and Payer accounts, and exposure to contract development and negotiations.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: CA-Sacramento, CA-San Francisco, CO-Denver, NV-Las Vegas, UT-Salt Lake City, Residence Based, Residence Based, Residence Based