Protein Production Research Associate
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Protein Production Research Associate, are to:
- Large scale production and isolation of protein;
- Program automated liquid handlers to establish workflows;
- Participate in high throughput expression and purification of proteins;
- Integrate data flow with automation;
- Work closely with cross-functional team to routinely deliver pipeline proteins;
- Analyze and present data, participate in technical meetings to discuss progress and issues;
- Flexible enough to adapt to the changing needs of a dynamic research environment;
- Deliver results in a timely fashion;
- Maintain proper records and documentation.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s or MS degree in the area of Biochemistry, Genetics, Engineering, Molecular Biology or a related field;
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience or a MS Degree with 2+ years of experience in biochemical research;
- Proficiency with laboratory automation, such as liquid or microplate handlers;
- Proficiency with protein assay, gel electrophoresis and western blotting;
- Strong hands on experience with AKTA purification systems (purifier, explorer).
- Ability for AKTA equipment trouble shooting is highly preferred;
- Experience with ion exchange, hydrophobic, mixed mode and affinity chromatography with AKTA purification systems is highly preferred;
- The ability to demonstrate record of identifying process
improvement opportunities and implementing automation solutions and
Domestic Relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Saint Louis