Project Engineering Group Lead (Seeds)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Project Engineering Group Lead, are to:
- Plant project list development, evaluation, prioritization, including periodic updates, in conjunction with the Crop Leads;
- Monitor progress on assignments and provide coaching and guidance to assure that the deliverables are produced to meet key project milestones;
- AR preparation, approval tracking and monthly forecasting for all projects. Manage the project data base, scorecards and track small project progress through all phases of project execution to assure best practices are incorporated and outcomes meet high standards;
- Training and development of Seeds Project and Plant Engineering talent to ensure long term, sustained consistency of Bayer’s project execution process, supporting continuous improvement in effective project execution. Includes recruiting, screening and hiring of new Seeds Project and Plant Engineering talent, including the operation of a coop engineering program;
- Close interface with all Global Engineering discipline Group Leads to ensure good project coordination and cross functional training. This includes the identification of Project Engineers with cross functional development aspirations;
- Ownership of the Seeds small project model, incorporating lessons learned to keep it evergreen;
- Knowledge of the US facilities plan and assist in translation to the Capital LRP;
- Leadership for the group understanding of leverage areas and opportunity for continuous cost and quality improvement in the assigned facilities;
- Support the establishment and maintenance of Global Seeds Standards and design guides.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S Engineering, Ag Systems Management or equivalent
- 8 or more years project execution experience or production experience
- 8 or more years team lead or supervision experience;
- Excellent communication – oral, written and team work skills within a diverse organization.
Domestic Relocation may be provided.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Creve Coeur
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 3