Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, PROJECT ENGINEER, are to:
- Be responsible for overarching project management related to Site NPD engineering introductions, including Hardware and Software;
- Ensure seamless manufacturing transition of a multi-year New Product Development (NPD) and Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) projects from Concept Development through Full Production including development of an operations plan, supply chain process development, validation, cut-over, and lifecycle product software updates in support of the Business Units;
- Formulate, drive, manage risks, and own NPD/LCE product vision while ensuring that the impact on site will be profitable and minimize cost exposure due to unplanned expenditures while meeting project timelines;
- Evaluate existing processes and implement projects that are willing to challenge the status quo that will lead to improved productivity and efficiency from implementation through project launch;
- Fulfill and manage a significant number of diverse internal stakeholders ranging from hardware (electrical/mechanical) to software by meeting the expectations of Program/Site Management;
- Effectively communicate product matters to a diverse audience with a sense of urgency and associated prioritization of implementation efforts;
- Create, manage, and assign projects objectives based on a project plan and budget while leading a strong project team;
- Develop the costs to manufacture a project within a
manufacturing environment and ensures that the production costs are
represented to NPD while balancing the expectations of NPD’s
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree;
- 7-10 years using relevant knowledge across a breadth of technical disciplines and applicable technologies with depth in some subspecialties;
- Experience managing project teams / budgets and planning as well as experience overseeing multiple outsourced / contract labor vendors;
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills as well as ability to direct, organize, analyze, plan and control all activities in functional areas in order to successfully execute responsibilities, accomplish objectives and achieve expected performance;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans for implementation of projects into a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building;
- Demonstrated management of risks to technical success of projects, and effectively communicates technical matters to diverse audiences inclusive of cross-functional, internal stakeholders.
- Master's Degree;
- 3 years Understanding clinical use cases;
- 3 years Performing on the Critical Path (per product development processes);
- 3 years interface design;
- 3 years Technical leadership.
- Experience with MS Project.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: PA-Pittsburgh Heilman
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5