Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer CropScience L.P. seeks a Project Engineer to work in Kansas City, MO.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Engineer, are to:
- organize and supervise all phases of the planning, engineering, and safe execution of capital projects through mechanical completion and closeout for Bayer’s Crop Science subgroup;
- lead and influence the direction of complex projects and communicate with all levels of employees;
- estimate HR requirements and negotiate with engineering management to secure the resources for a project;
- interface with end-user groups and respective stakeholders in the development of concept and detailed scope and design as well as safe execution and completion of construction work;
- act as an authority in multiple areas and provide leadership and guidance to others
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have a master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, Engineering & Management, or a related engineering discipline plus 10 years of experience in a related engineering and technical project management position in agrochemical manufacturing facilities;
- management and execution of both small (<$5 million USD) and large (> $10Million USD) capital projects, including front-end loading (Basic Engineering), detailed design, procurement strategy/contract types, construction, commissioning, and start-up of manufacturing plants;
- using SAP for cost control, ASPEN for estimating, and Primavera (P6) for scheduling and change management;
- PDMS/PDS model reviews;
- engineering design, process controls, and equipment specifications;
- working closely with the business and manufacturing groups to determine the critical needs of the manufacturing sites and ensure efficient project planning and execution;
- plant and process safety, process hazard analysis, and project construction safety;
- relief valve sizing and design;
- evaluating overpressure contingencies and mitigating the scenarios;
- relevant pressure safety standards;
- working with and overseeing engineering procurement and construction management (EPCM) firms on large capital projects;
- project management and execution experience within agrochemical industries;
- leading and managing a team as well as working independently;
- managing and executing capital projects, including development and presentation of project scope, cost estimating, budgeting, and scheduling; and
- working on numerous projects at the same time as well as engineering projects and site services practices and standards.
Experience can be concurrent.
Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally to various employer, supplier, client, and other locations up to 50% of the time.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Kansas City
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5