Project Controls Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Controls Engineer, are to:
- Estimate and schedule large/complex projects;
- Produce timely and accurate cost estimates, cost forecasting, and scheduling for capital projects which can include; facility construction for seed, vegetables, technology, facilities and agricultural chemical manufacturing processes;
- Work with project teams to control/manage project costs. Prepare, monitor & present project cost reports. Continuous oversight of project costs. Provide thorough and timely communication of potential deviations as well as to recommend corrective actions to project teams;
- Develop capital and expense cost forecasts/expenditure curves;
- Interface with engineering and construction contractors to validate cost estimates.
- Work with project teams to develop conceptual and detailed project execution schedules;
- Analyze project events to accurately depict project status and schedule trends throughout the entire project cycle;
- Construction contract cost management ' Enter contracts and contract change orders into SAP, service entries for receiving to allow invoice payment.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. Degree in Construction Management or similar Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 experience in project controls functions – project budgeting, cost management and scheduling;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, project scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera. Proficient in use of SAP;
- Proficiency in estimating software tools;
- Ability to function on a 'fast-track' handling several project assignments simultaneously.
Domestic Relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Creve Coeur, MO-Saint Louis