Process Engineer Flowables
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer Flowables, are to:
- Assists plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Investigates plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Proposes designs and executes plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serves as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects - interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Creates, maintains, and develops standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Compiles formats and submits
environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with
local, state, and federal agencies.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering);
- 5+ years engineering experience in plant operation function;
- Correctly analyzes problems;
- Thinks independently and develops imaginative and unique solutions to problems;
- Deals effectively with changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations;
- Understands the requirement of the job and apply knowledge;
- Evaluates and selects alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understands the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivates self, takes calculated risks, makes timely decisions, improves results, persists despite opposition and obstacles;
- Expresses ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner, uses active listening skills;
- Be able to guide and train teams in local and global projects.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5