Principal Project Scheduler
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Project Scheduler, are to:
- Creates and maintains project schedules during all phases of capital projects ranging in values from 5M to over 100M, typically using in-house master schedules with one or multiple external parties providing input;
- Facilitates planning sessions with project managers, project team members and multiple project stakeholders (e.g. production, quality departments, contractors) to identify work packages and tasks as well as the execution logic;
- Works with internal and external estimators and construction experts to determine durations and resource requirements for individual tasks to create resource leveled execution plans, progress tracking baselines and shutdown requirements;
- Works closely with external engineering contractors in order to ensure that schedules and progress updates integrate into Bayer master schedules to create accurate actual status and productivity information and forecasts;
- Contributes to risk analysis and management with project teams and stakeholders to assess schedule risks and mitigations
- Conducts schedule stage gate reviews;
- Contributes to continuous improvement of tools and methods in alignment within the global scheduling community;
- Develops subject matter training material and trains schedulers, project controllers, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders.
Relocation Assistance and Visa Sponsorship is Available.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction sciences, construction management, or other project management-related fields plus eight or more (8+) years of experience in project management and controlling OR master's degree in engineering, construction sciences, construction management, or other project management-related fields plus six or more (6+) years of experience in project management and controlling OR twelve or more (12+) years of experience in project management and controlling;
- Expert knowledge of scheduling and progress tracking, including rules of credit, earned value analysis and critical path method;
- Excellent knowledge using Primavera P6 software; experience using MS Project;
- Field experience for capital projects;
- Experience with integrating contractor schedules into master schedules;
- PMI certification desirable;
- Knowledge of GMP requirements preferred;
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills and experience in Latin American markets preferred;
- Willingness to travel within the Bayer sites in North America and Latin America on a regular basis (25 – 50%) when working on projects outside of the hub areas;
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders, to resolve conflicts in a constructive spirit, and to communicate requirements and results to project contributors effectively.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-Creve Coeur
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5