Plant Health Scientist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Plant Health Scientist, are to:
- Work across various R&D organizations to build alignment on data flow mapping on plant health information that feeds into the decision on product design and product advancement while ensuring all functionality and compliance process and procedures are met;
- Serve as a Consultant on Research and Development experiments and flex experiments and provide technical advice to make certain that experimental outcomes are conclusive and drive business value, specifically on experiments impacting plant health design concepts;
- Work with organizations such as data science, information technology, and engineering to Build data visualization tools for Risk Assessment, Product Design, and Product Development within Plant Health;
- Support the North America Plant Health organization by working across teams to assist in providing insights into plant health data to enable crisp and clear communication to stakeholders and strategic decision making by consulting on experimental design, building visualization capabilities, and interpreting data output;
- Responsible for maintaining touchpoints with various organizations within Research and Development such as Automated Pipeline Design and North America Breeding to ensure seamless data flow from the taking of ratings to the way data is collected, maintained, and used in the decision making process on R&D product advancements.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with less than 1 years relevant experience OR M.S. with minimum of 2 years relevant experience OR B.S. with minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of epidemiology, genomics, measurement technologies, advanced breeding methods;
- Track record of driving innovation in work processes and creation of new approaches to existing processes;
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills that can work across organizations and different priorities;
- Previous coding experience.
- Ph.D. degree or M.S. degree with experience in applied pathology and data science;
- Three or more years of relevant experience including information technology and/or data science.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 3