Packaging Process Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role Packaging Process Engineer are to:
- Assists plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Delivers packaging operational excellence through the development and tracking of key performance indicators;
- Promotes continued development of area personnel as well as other area and plant engineers through mentoring, coaching, and providing constructive feedback;
- Investigates plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Proposes designs and executes plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serves as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects – interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Creates, maintains, and develops standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Compiles formats and submits environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related science;
- Minimum of 8 years engineering experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 8+ years engineering experience in plant
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5