Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Manager, are to:
- Network with a highly diverse global stakeholder and customer base. Model and promote a customer focused culture within the team;
- Partner with the work team and Quality Testing technical experts to implement new innovations in the areas of automation, genetics and engineering;
- Assures consistency, reliability and credibility of data and participates in standardization efforts across global laboratories. Ensures benchmark strategies and procedures (i.e. proficiency testing, analyst training, daily controls) are followed and corrective measures are taken;
- Manage, evaluate and perform periodic audits of external laboratory suppliers to ensure consistent and high-quality standards of outside services;
Leadership expectations include:
- Promote inclusion while developing employees to increase skills and facilitate professional growth;
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis;
- Set daily operational direction for the work team;
- Manage the work team’s resource needs including partnering with contingent labor vendors;
- Model, promote and maintain a safe work environment that follows established ESH procedures;
- Accountable for meeting performance goals and targets within the work team. Guide the team to develop and track key performance indicators and hold the team accountable to the targets.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S./B.A. Degree in a biological, agricultural or business-related field;
- At least 2 years of experience supervising a team;
- Ability to be agile and work within a fast-paced global and multi-cultural environment;
- At least 5 years of experience in a high output laboratory or production environment;
- Knowledge of or interest in process improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma;
- Experience in working with cross functional teams and development of business strategies;
- Business software knowledge (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc).
Domestic Relocation may be available for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.