North Hybrid Regional Breeding Lead, NA
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, North America Hybrid - North Regional Lead, are to:
- Develop and implement people, product and site strategies to ensure goals and resource needs are met and aligned with needs of North America Breeding and the business;
- Key contributor to North America Hybrid Breeding strategies and LRP and leads its execution for the US and Canada pipelines;
- Ensure that goals and deliverables are aligned with high level functional goals and corporate objectives to support commercial LRP;
- Support and align breeding strategy execution across NA, LATAM, EMEA and APAC, to drive germplasm and innovation value to contribute with global corn and canola seed businesses;
- Lead multi-functional breeding teams across North America and partners with other regions, with a key focus on driving genetic gain and product performance through digital transformation and new technology deployment in the region;
- Ensure employee development, including growth opportunities for key high potential individuals and senior scientists, strong succession, and change management efforts to prepare for future transformation within the function and workforce;
- Fiscally responsible for capital and budgetary oversight and for care and maintenance of company assets;
- Develop a broad knowledge of breeding focus areas, processes and opportunities for improvement and value growth;
- Develop employees to enable a continued focused on cultural transformation, talent development, news skills, and succession strength of an evolving workforce;
- Drive HS&E, Compliance, Business Conduct and Human Rights focus and culture in the region.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. Degree in Plant or Animal Breeding, Quantitative or Statistical Genetics, Data Science or related fields with 5+ years of row crop technology leadership, or MS degree with 7+ years of row crop technology leadership experience; MBA a plus;
- 5+ years of experience in leading teams with demonstrated leadership effectiveness in driving technical strategy, innovation and developing people;
- Strong ability in building cross-functional partnerships to solve business or technical problems;
- Customer-centricity, with proven record of
identifying customer needs, prioritizing resources,
and bring timely and sustainable solutions.
Domestic Relocation may be available for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Saint Louis
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 5