Native Trait Genomics Scientist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Native Trait Genomics Scientist, are to:
- Database curation of experimental phenotyping and genotyping data;
- Develop strategy for genomics guided native trait haplotype and allele discovery and characterization;
- Assess allelic diversity by accessing internal and external crop genomics databases;
- Design, influence and execute genomics and sequencing projects for NT discovery;
- Establish and entertain internal partnerships to develop of efficient haplotype analysis workflows;
- Ensure timely capture of data and intellectual property, and communication of results to key stakeholders across various Research & Development groups.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Preferred PhD with 3 years related data science, computational genetics, or agronomic focus, Master’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years academic or industry computational/genomics experience or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5+ years academic or industry experience;
- Inquisitive and passionate about scientific exploration;
- Ability to influence and build relationships to key stakeholders;
- Team and Result oriented;
- Specific capabilities needed: Fluent in R and python or perl; fluent in cloud computing; accessing database environments and handling large datasets; Genomics; Handling of long-molecule sequencing data.
Domestic Relocation may be available for this role.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: MO-St. Louis, MO-Chesterfield, MO-Saint Louis
Functional Area: [sap_fa_9]
Entry Level: 5