Mining Engineer Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Mining Engineer Intern, are:
• Responsibilities will focus on mining operations and projects relating to mine support systems.
• Assisting engineering and operations staff in mine planning, daily operational support, and future mining project design
• Developing engineering solutions for day-to-day problems that occur in mineral operations.
• Assist with existing/new mining projects
• Exhibit a strong safety ethic
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
• Students must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program in Mining Engineering and have completed their sophomore year by the start of their co-op or internship.
• Students must return to school upon completion of their term with Bayer to continue their program of study
• In addition to current enrollment, interns must work at the Soda Springs Idaho site for the duration of the term
o January - June of 2020 OR
o May - August of 2020 OR
o June - December of 2020
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Gemcom (mining
• Prior Co-op or internship experience is a plus
• Experience and/or interest in an industrial environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• High degree of personal initiative
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and a diverse culture
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: ID-Soda Springs
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 1