Mgr II Data Sync
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager-Data Sync, is to:
- Responsible for leading the third-party providers of data synchronization and GDSN solutions working on behalf of Bayer. Develops and coordinates key performance indicators and performance targets, managing the third-parties to ensure operational goals are being successfully achieved;
- Leads the UPC and GTIN assignment process and directs related assignment activities for all US Consumer Health products, ensuring Bayer’s compliance with GS1 standards;
- Directs the activities regarding minor and major 1World Synchronization;
- IM semi-annual updates to ensure Bayer remains compliant with GDSN and customer standards;
- Represents Bayer at industry conference events regarding product data syndication and GDSN, leading initiatives and conversations with customers and industry peers on the current and future direction of product data sharing;
- Leads the resolution for on-going data synchronization production issues, conducts root cause analysis, and implements proactive measures to mitigate reoccurrence by taking a leadership role, pushing the envelope, thinking creatively and outside the box, and setting the example by constantly striving for excellence in all processes and procedures;
- Serves as the senior expert for Bayer in the US regarding technical expertise in global data synchronization methodologies and GS1 standards; includes expertise in the 1WorldSync data synchronization process, the IM Web Portal, the GDSN end-to-end messaging process, and the automated syncing of material items via machine to machine using XML messages;
- Directs the implementation and testing life cycle for new trading partners or enhancements; includes collaborating with internal and external customers on the comprehensive process of testing, validating, running parallel and going live with data sync trading partners;
- Develops new and innovative ways to partner with the Bayer businesses and customers to drive the adoption of cutting edge communication technologies.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors degree preferred in Business or Systems/IT with minimum of 8 years experience; or Masters Degree with 6 years of experience;
- Direct knowledge and experience in the maintenance and project management experience to fulfill the implementation of data sync initiatives and systems required;
- Demonstrated capability in the following competencies: Customer Focus, Drives Results, Manages Complexity, Instills Trust, and Collaborates;
- Propensity to learn about innovative technologies such as EDI and Data Sync that will enhance electronic data transfer with customers which results in efficiencies across the supply chain;
- Communication skills required to successfully interact with internal Bayer Sales Teams, Customer Logistics colleagues, Bayer IT colleagues, and all appropriate parties within the external customers/trading partners;
- Ability to work individually, while building strong relationships and maintain rapport with business colleagues;
- Ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines, excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Strong analytical skills required;
- Ability to proactively engage issues to avoid future reoccurrences is required;
- Must have a very high level of comfort with change and the ability to adapt easily to new systems.
- Knowledge of GS1 standards, UPC management, and the US Retail landscape preferred;
- Prior experience in a SAP ERP environment preferred.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_21]
Entry Level: 5