Medical Science Liaison II-Hematology-CO, KS, MO, TN
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Medical Science Liaison II are to:
Maintain scientific expertise
- Complete core training curriculum and basic MSL Certification;
- Full participation in therapeutic area updates and/or training initiatives e.g. journal clubs;
- Medical conference attendance and reviews;
- Routine self-paced reading of current publications;
- Professional licensure with CEU documentation where applicable; Completes recertification where applicable.
- Completes recertification and advanced certification where applicable;
- Leads journal reviews and team discussions;
- Coordinates or leads internal training initiatives.
Opinion leader engagement
- Criteria based selection and validation to identify and confirm opinion leader (OL) status;
- Routine contacts with OLs;
- Research site identification and Investigator Sponsored Study (ISS) support;
- Speaker training and evaluation;
- Advisory Board Support;
- Advisory Board coordination or presentation at meetings;
- Liaison between OLs and internal partners.
Direct scientific exchange
- Presentations to external audiences;
- Timely, accurate, specific and balanced responses to professional requests for information (PIR) in collaboration with Medical Communications;
- Adherence to SOP and FDA guidance for distribution of scientific information;
- Adherence to SOP and compliance guidelines for all external contacts;
- Presentations to internal audiences including medical affairs (MA) and commercial partners;
- Team member for strategic internal projects with cross-functional partners.
Professional organization involvement
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned geography;
- Attend and report on local, regional and national meetings;
- Identify educational gaps and opportunities within regional and national organizations.
- Coordinate team coverage of major national meetings including program evaluation, required attendance and high quality meeting report.
Ascertain and report current therapeutic area trends and other field intelligence
- Review and share current guidelines and treatment protocols for internal review;
- Report relevant competitive activity;
- Report new compound development information and potential collaborations when appropriate or requested in line with corporate strategy;
Complete and accurate documentation
- Complete and timely documentation of interactions and contacts within appropriate database(s);
- Administrative reports including expense reports and status reports completed in a timely manner.
Collaborate as an internal scientific expert
- Resource development and review e.g FDA Ad Com preparation;
- Lead project teams or task forces within Medical Affairs;
- Contribute to product development initiatives in collaboration with Global Product Development or other internal partners.
Lead internal training initiatives
- Establish and enhance Bayer Healthcare’s (BHC) image of scientific excellence and integrity with US healthcare providers;
- Establish and maintain long-term engagement with opinion leaders and academic centers of excellence regarding BHC scientific initiatives and business objectives;
- Help to ensure the safe and effective use of the BHC portfolio of products;
- Discover additional portfolio opportunities for BHC via research collaboration or expert consultation;
- Provide strategic insight to internal business partners that result in efficient decisions and continual process improvement.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
BA/ BS Degree required;
2+ years in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as a MSL preferred, clinical development or other clinical experience may substitute for MSL experience;
Computer literacy and the ability to learn essential software programs Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication;
Excellent project management ability;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Excellent interpersonal skills;
Working knowledge of FDA and OIG requirements;
Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics;
Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature;
Ability to work in a team environment;
Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally;
Ability to work independently and a proven self-starter;
Excellent problem-solving skills;
Good organizational skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through;
Ability to travel and manage a demanding schedule.
- Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent experience is preferred;
- MSL experience preferred;
- Post-doctoral residency/fellowship training in one or more respective therapeutic areas associated with Bayer Healthcare’s portfolio ( such as Oncology, Hematology/Cardiology, Neuroscience, Diagnostic Imaging, Women’s Healthcare);
- Didactic teaching experience (i.e., lectures on related topics presented at university type setting);
- Demonstrated expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process;
- Established track record in basic or clinical research.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5