Medical Director Dermatology & Accelerator
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Medical Director Dermatology & Accelerator are to:
The Bayer Consumer Health Accelerator team gathers and interprets early market signals to identify potential emerging trends, brands, capabilities and business models that have the potential to generate growth for Bayer Consumer Health US and are set up to activate quickly with key business partners to execute and realize the growth potential of these opportunities.
- Maintains a US leadership role in understanding current and emerging science for relevant category/brand, including respective treatment, prevention and other self-care measures;
- Responsible for medical to medical communication plans including MSL material development, publication strategy etc.;
- Drives clinical and scientific innovation, local study plans and activation, claims initiation and substantiation;
- Supervises and develops medical affairs information in that category.
- Ensures approval of advertising copy/promotional copy, create and approve public statements and internal statement from a Medical perspective;
- Ensure that all claims are substantiated by competent and Adequate Scientific Evidence (CARSE);
- Effectively communicate with the marketing/commercialization groups as well as technical groups in identifying scientific insights, educating and influencing non-scientific decision makers regarding business opportunities related to clinical information;
- Support contact with the Health Authorities regarding medical/clinical issues and point person for representing Consumer Health in external and internal forums related to specific category activity;
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate Medical submissions to Health Authorities;
- Assures productivity and resource objectives are met by overseeing timeline and budget requirements, including allocation of budget to specific projects;
- Manage US thought leader relationships. Contributes to the development of the strategy for thought leader identification, management and engagement in line with the category/brand objectives and in compliance with legislation and BHC rules;
- Contributes to the benefit/risk assessment for therapeutic area products, existing and new;
- Leads and supervises medical governance of respective therapeutic area materials including medical information documents, publications, training materials;
- Ensures medical review and approval of
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- A degree of Medical Doctor (e.g., MD, DO) 5 years of experience in clinical research and development or medical affairs or related businesses;
- Strong communications skills, oral and written, as well as managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels within Bayer;
- Thorough knowledge of scientific information with the ability to interpret and assimilate scientific data, and thought leader development skills;
- Good understanding of the key pre-clinical and clinical trial design elements, including statistical considerations, operations and interpretation of these activities as well as regulatory requirements;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead, network and function in diverse teams, are necessary to present critical medical and scientific information to internal departments, and to positively interact with external customers, medical thought leaders, and academic and managed care communities.
- Preferred board certified specialist, dermatology preferred.
Domestic Relocation Available
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 3