Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Investigate and implement sound technical solutions to address mechanical issues that may impact area performance related to safety, quality, environment, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Develop capital project scopes outlining business justification as well as alternatives and cost-benefit analysis;
- Troubleshoot mechanical maintenance issues and complete appropriate documentation;
- Manage area maintenance budget and provide monthly forecasts;
- Utilize root cause failure analysis to eliminate future failures;
- Contact vendors, other Bayer sites, and supports organizations to obtain information for specification and maintenance of mechanical equipment and associated spare parts;
- Assists other area engineers (production, process, electrical, project) and technicians as needed in reference to mechanical process and equipment performance;
- Support Lean Manufacturing principles with an emphasis on continuous improvement and cost optimization;
- Presents ideas and concepts clearly with appropriate documentation, email correspondence, and presentations gaining support for change;
- Complies with site safety rules and actively works to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements;
- Maintains area
equipment documentation and validate data
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related science) including December 2019 BS candidates;
- Coop or Internship exposure to industry, no experience beyond graduation.
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 3