Manufacturing Operator-Hyaluronic Acid -2nd Shift
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manufacturing Operator-Hyaluronic Acid -2nd Shift, are to:
- Comply with all workplace standards and safety procedures, including lockout tagout, current good manufacturing practices (cgmps), occupational safety and health administration requirements (osha), standard operating procedures (sops), and company guidelines;
- Perform the daily setup and routine operation of the packaging line, including but not limited to: bottle in-feed, unscrambler, filler, bottle capper, torquer, labeler, vision systems, Weighing Systems, bar coding systems, sealers, disassembly/assembly, cleaning, resolving equipment stoppages and jams, and all material handling as trained;
- Inspect packaging components, in-process items, and packaged drug products to assure compliance to specifications, identify any nonconforming Item and initiate appropriate actions.
- Palletize both finished and unfinished products, and operate nonmotorized material handling equipment;
- complete, maintain, and update production documentation (both electronic and paper) to perform material movements, material take-outs and yield determinations by following sops and utilizing systems as required such as systems/applications/products (sap), manufacturing execution systems (mes), electronic batch records (ebrs), etc;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance competencies such as technical skills, communication skills, and skills to build a team-oriented culture (i.e. training team members, motivating and supporting team members, sharing knowledge to continuously improve the process, etc.);
- Meet the production schedules outlined by line team and/or supervision. Review and approve work output for team members by using validated methods;
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks as needed and trained;
- Performs fill and packaging operations including operation of the filling, cartonning, labeling, or bundling equipment and or assisting with hand-pack operations;
- Manage area cleaning requirements including facility, equipment, and operational excellence initiatives;
Area specific responsibilities:
- Manage material movement functionalities and dispensing of materials for planned batches. Solid dose compounding;
- Manage solids compounding operation that include cip, eq setup, raw material additions, and genral process steps.
- Manage batch control system recipe operations. Liquids compounding;
- Manage liquids compounding operations that include cip, sip, equipment setup, raw material additions, and general process steps;
- Manage batch control system recipe operations. Sterile filling;
- Perform the functions required for the bio-class i clean room;
- Sterile filling and sterile filtration of all sterile drug solution produce.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school diploma or ged required;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good pc skills, including use of e-mail, attaching documents To e-mail required. Previous experience using electronic databases and online tools required (i.e., but not limited to, lotus notes database, employee self-services on-line tools, etc);
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret/follow instructions in regard to workplace documentation, such as sop s, operator manuals, work Instructions, etc;
- Demonstrated technical ability as measured by good troubleshooting skills;
- Must be able to demonstrate a good mathematical aptitude in dddition, subtraction, multiplication, division, & metric system.
- Experience in a government regulated, good
manufacturing practices (gmp) or standard operating procedures
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, based on production demands.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: KS-Shawnee Mission
Functional Area: [sap_fa_1]
Entry Level: 5