Manager Communications, Berkeley
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager Communications, are to:
- Maintain a solid understanding of the business environments, strategies and activities of the key Biotech/Pharmaceuticals sites in the Bay Area and Boston;
- Extensive writing, editing and production of content for various communications channels – internal and external;
- Establish and maintain a communications plan to align key functional and business priorities, and ensure that content is developed and delivered in a strategic and thoughtful way;
- Produce executive communications messages, slides and other materials for leaders of the key sites - for external and significant (e.g., town halls) internal engagements;
- Maintain and establish relationships with local and regional key external stakeholders, including journalists, advocates and community/business leaders, etc.;
- Manage and execute events for the Berkeley site to educate and engage employees in support of the Product Supply Biotech and Supply Center Berkeley strategies;
- Collaborate with various cross-functional leadership and team members in the development of external and internal communications strategies for key strategic initiatives, such as conferences, milestones, collaborations, etc. ;
- Coordinate and partner with global and U.S. communications in PS, Pharma and Corporate as needed;
- Support/oversee local CSR and employee volunteerism activities that position Bayer in the local community and drive employee engagement and morale. Includes engagement with local partners and training of employees on engagement;
- Drive visibility of Bayer’s local corporate social responsibility programs, leveraging paid, earned, shared/social, and owned (PESO) media;
- Support local change management communications efforts;
- Partner with the U.S. Internal Communications team to ensure that Berkeley and San Francisco are positively represented and profiled country-wide. Prepare and publish content for US intranet and related employee news channels such as news features, profiles, event summaries, etc.
- Monitor and measure impact of
communications programs and initiativeswith key stakeholder
audiences. Make recommendations as needed to ensure communications
goals are achieved.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent discipline;
- 8+ years work experience, preferably in internal and external corporate communications/public relations, preferably a combination of corporate and agency experience;
- Also preferable is an understanding of compliance, regulatory and legal guidelines and issues pertaining to implementation of pharmaceutical communications and web sites;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with clear understanding of AP Style practices;
- Experience in creating and/or editing company publications, developing communication strategies to support corporate/department initiatives, event management;
- Experience with external stakeholder engagement; having established relationships in the Berkeley/Bay Area is a plus;
- Digital communications channel and content management experience – knows how to leverage social channels to tell a story and create engagement with external stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills, and experience in developing communications plans;
- Must be highly organized, with ability to juggle multiple projects, competing priorities and many stakeholders with a sense of urgency;
- The ability to effectively engage with employees and leaders at all levels in the organization comfortably;
- Creative thinker, idea generator, willing to take risks in expressing new ideas;
- Team oriented. This role works on a team and supports many other teams. Must be willing to step in and help, flex outside of defined job description, and lean in to help others;
- Ability to manage complex and sensitive communications issues while maintaining strict confidentiality;
- Domestic travel may be required.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally in biotechnology.
Domestic Relocation available
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_6]
Entry Level: 3