Manager, Big Data Analytics (Consumer Health)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager Big Data Analytics, are to:
- Design and development of capabilities such as Data Ingestion, Cataloging, Preparation & Consumption which includes Machine Learning based automation;
- Rapidly design, prototype, and implement data models to tackle Big Data and Data Science needs;
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows and identity ontologies across data sets;
- Based on understanding of data & business rules, specify automated data quality controls with the end goal of providing accurate data;
- Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues;
- Engage in design and data modeling discussions;
- Participate in developing and enforcing access management policies;
- Build, maintain and execute unit test cases;
- Analyze and test data & reports, work with vendor teams and internal architects to ensure quality execution;
- Manage vendor teams, and realize project goals
related to data,
reporting & visualization.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or other quantitative field such as Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics is required;
- Minimum of 7 years of total experience with 4+ years in CPG/OTC commercial space is required;
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience working with customer/consumer and related data sets;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Big Data (AWS or Cloudera) and Python is required;
- Strong programming experience in Big Data as a Service (Hadoop services in AWS), Data Ingestion, Data Unification, Big scale Data Transformation, Data Wrangling and Data Visualization is required;
- Experience with implementation of business intelligence & reporting solutions for commercial business needs in CPG/OTC is required
- Experience spanning multiple data technology solutions implementations is required;
- Proficiency in SQL required and proficiency in Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with project management, change management, IT life cycle. Ability to manage shifting priorities is a must.
- Master's degree
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.