Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
Maintenance Technicians are involved in all facets of routine and preventive maintenance at our sites. In addition, in this role you will also support ongoing continuous improvement efforts related to plant productivity and efficiency.
Our Maintenance Technicians are key members of our team enhancing the safety, value and usefulness of our facilities and equipment. Continuous, proactive inspections of our machinery and equipment performance make the Maintenance Technicians critical contributors to the overall success of our company through timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery. In this position, you will work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Actively participates in our environmental safety health program;
- Organize, schedule and complete routine and preventative maintenance for on site equipment;
- Operate equipment (when applicable) during seasonal peak periods;
- Work with other groups within the company to develop consistency and cost savings;
- Become familiar with systems and diagnose issues related to equipment involved with seed corn production;
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma;
- Valid driver's license;
- Ability to learn and use computer-based control systems and handheld data control devices;
- Ability to be on call as seasonal workloads demand - in a team-based work environment Welding and fabrication skills
- 3 plus years of preventive maintenance skills in an industrial setting;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Welding and Fabrication skills;
- Experience with maintenance of automated systems.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_1]
Entry Level: 5