Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Planner, are to:
• Job Planning: Research, identify, scope, and
parts, labor, tools, equipment and external suppliers for maintenance
task instructions. Update SAP maintenance plans with job plans.
• Spare Parts: Ensure parts are available for maintenance plans,
unplanned repairs and plant shutdowns through coordination with
Maintenance Spare Parts group. Create part requisitions as required for
maintenance plans. Update SAP BOM and Component list with revisions.
• Shutdown Scheduling: Develop, coordinate and execute plant
maintenance shutdown schedules with MS Project using Gantt charts,
critical path analysis and resource leveling. Update and schedule
progress during shutdowns, identifying critical path impacts, delays,
acceleration, and compression. Communicate schedule progress at
shutdown meetings with tracking schedule.
• Resource Planning: Schedule, and coordinate maintenance work for
all maintenance crafts including electricians, mechanics,
instrumentation, HVAC, painting and carpentry as well as external
vendors. Attend weekly resource leveling meeting to coordinate
resources for planned work.
• Ensure safety considerations are given top priority in work order
planning. Define safe work procedures, best practices, PPE, tools, and
equipment for preventative maintenance.
• Partner with Maintenance Operations, Technical System Owners, and
Production to plan and schedule preventative, corrective and calibration
maintenance work orders.
• Hold weekly planning/scheduling meetings with Maintenance
Operations, Technical System Owners and Production Managers to determine
short and long term priorities as well as routine maintenance and
• Ensure complete and accurate records within SAP for parts, labor
and maintenance plans. Update maintenance plans with actual labor to
continuously improve estimated resourced tasks.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
Associates Degree and 8+ years' Work Experience (or
Equivalent) or Bachelor's Degree 6+ years' Work Experience
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification in a planning / scheduling field; PMI-SP,
AACE-CST, AACE-PSP, IFMA-CFM,
4 + years maintenance planning and scheduling
• Expert knowledge of maintenance, calibration and repair
procedures, pharmaceutical plant operations, equipment schematics,
manuals, procedures, process and instrumenation diagrams to develop job
plans and schedule plant shutdowns
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Documented knowledge of cGMP's, ISO Standards and industry best
• Proficient: MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Powerpoint.
• Expert: MS Project and SAP.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate technical
• The position requires working independently and therefore must be
self-motivated and self-directed.
• Technical Knowledge: Must have significant breadth of bio-
pharmaceutical drug substance and drug product manufacturing,
engineering, safety, equipment, tools, labor resources, spare parts,
quality systems, maintenance methodology, and critical path scheduling.
Significant depth and specialized techniques for, planning, coordinating
critical path schedules and maintenance job plans in MS Project and SAP.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5