Maintenance Mechanic B - Refrigeration & HVAC
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Mechanic B – HVAC & Refrigeration, are to:
- Perform scheduled predictive and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and project support of HVAC/Refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment.
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance work schedule attainment, data recording and reporting of work orders.
- Responsible for assessing the accuracy of HVAC/R PM procedures and providing feedback to the document owner.
- Responsible for maintaining State, Federal & Site compliance for refrigerant and oils and reporting discrepancies.
- Responsible for supporting and complying with Bayer Berkeley's commitment to health, safety and environmental protection initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrate safe work practices including all relevant HSES procedures, attend safety meetings as required, and report to relevant personnel (e.g. supervisor, etc.) of any non-conforming conditions.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Requires high school diploma, or GED plus minimum of Three (3) years of mechanical maintenance experience.
- Or completion of technical school / accredited 2 year program AND minimum one (1) year of field experience.
- Experience and competency with HVAC/Refrigeration systems and controls both electrical and pneumatic.
- Technical working knowledge of PCS (Process Control System) and Electrical utilities.
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English in order to understand written and verbal instructions, SOP’s, etc.
- Work weekends, holidays and overtime as required (including 10-hour shifts as needed and on-call).
- Acceptable attendance and performance.
- Work independently and self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certification in handling refrigerants required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to demonstrate good record keeping practices.
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot, use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations.
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery.
- General knowledge of shop tools and safe operation.
- Computer skills required, use of laptop, tablet, HMI, PLC required, Including knowledge of: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, MODA
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a forklift, scissor-lift, JLG.
- Proficient knowledge of other trades (Instrumentation, Plumbing, Electrical) strongly preferred
- SAP strongly preferred
- Must be able to lift up to ≤75 lbs. and push/pull up to ≤650 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able to withstand frequent repetitive movement, stooping, crouching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), and sitting.
- Must be able to climb up to ≤30 feet and/or ≤3 stories.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing (PPE) as required.
- Must be able to work at heights, around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration, dust, and drafts.
- Must be able to identify color-coded labels.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam – includes testing for: near vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must meet Occupational Demands/Physical Requirement checklist.
- Hepatitis B vaccine recommended.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_2]
Entry Level: 5