International Procurement Management Trainee (IPMT) Program
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, International Procurement Management Trainee, are to:
- Achieve pre-defined learning and development objectives in program rotations in each of the different Procurement areas which may include Contract-2-Pay, Direct Materials Sourcing, Indirect Sourcing, and Strategy & Governance. Completion of additional rotations outside of the Procurement function which may include time spent in Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Tax, Marketing, or Product Supply;
- Each program rotation of 2-5 months will incorporate defined tasks and responsibilities.
- Completion of assigned International Short Term Assignment and/or business trip with the Global Procurement Organization;
- Establishes performance goals with upper management, educates him or herself in company policies that effect the business and monitor the progress of his/her performance with key trainers, mentors and senior management;
- Identifies and implements savings opportunities, contributes to category strategies, and completes Value Beyond Savings projects that help meet Procurement's strategic priorities;
- Builds cross-functional stakeholder relationships, as well as relationships within the International Bayer Procurement community;
- Active and accountable participation in special program management projects within the Procurement Strategy and Governance group;
- Leads flexible and strategic projects in cross-functional and multicultural teams. Conducts stakeholder alignment meetings in order to scope out potential projects and offer solutions.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BA/BS required and successful completion of a Masters degree program in related technical field prior to the start of the program;
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Finance or business related field;
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to network and build effective working relationships;
- Demonstrates personal drive and the ability to inspire and motivate others; Strong collaboration skills;
- Independent analysis and decision making; Strong problem solving skills;
- Basic business partnering skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders without authority;
- Demonstrated passion for Procurement and innovation;
- Ability to challenge the status quo;
- Business mindset and leadership aspirations;
- Fluency in English language;
- Domestic and international mobility required.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_4]
Entry Level: 5