Intern - Mergers Acquisitions and Licensing
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Intern - Mergers Acquisitions and Licensing, are to:
- Act as a team member for on-going M&A projects
(acquisitions/divestments) and business development
- Support in live M&A processes including separation/integration (e.g., assist with project organization, conduct due diligence and prepare presentations for decision making to senior management and the Board);
- Support in the management of ongoing BD&L activities (e.g., evaluate potential partnership opportunities, engage in counterparty discussion and due diligence and draft term sheet/assist with negotiations);
- Assist in the preparation of business cases and valuation models for M&A and BD&L activities;
- Develop an understanding of Bayer, its business operations and M&A strategy;
- Actively network with colleagues on project teams and across the Bayer organization;
- Internship duration is expected to be 8 – 10
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- MBA student with a focus on areas such as Strategy, Finance and Accounting;
- Knowledge of M&A processes and business valuation;
- Excellent analytical thinking, structured way of working, and a quick learner;
- Team oriented with intercultural competence/international experience;
- High level of dedication, self-motivation, and enthusiasm;
- Empathic communication and the ability to drive implementation;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required;
- Excellent command of English and a further language would be an advantage.
- Professional experience in M&A or Business Development in an investment bank, boutique, transaction services firm or corporate (e.g., prior experience or internships).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.