Your tasks and responsibilities
About Bayer IT
With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions for some of the major challenges of our time. All the science we do and the resulting innovative products are designed to provide a better life for people across the world. To fulfill our mission, we embrace our LIFE values - Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency. Our most important resource isn’t technical: it’s human. Our world class Information Technology team collaborates across organizational boundaries and with external partners, focusing on innovative solutions to exceed our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking motivated sophomores, juniors, or seniors to contribute to meaningful work in our North America Information Technology Internship program. Our program provides opportunity to learn from exposure to real business experiences, training on foundational business skills and most importantly by having a voice to challenge our status quo. Candidates must be available for a 3-month summer assignment (May/June – August) at one of our U.S. Bayer facilities.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Information Technology Intern, are to:
- Partner with experienced team members and other interns to contribute to meaningful assignments;
- Depending on your assignment, you could have the exciting opportunity to engage in software development, operational support, project management, cyber security, or in new disruptive technologies like artificial intelligence, cloud computing, or robotics process automation while delivering innovative solutions;
- During your 3 month journey, you will grow as an individual by participating in a defined business assignment with a clear objective;
- You will make an impact by fostering collaboration across our organization to provide real solutions to business problems;
- The goal of our program will be to further develop and challenge you for future positions of greater responsibility and leadership;
- At the conclusion, all IT interns will participate in a class presentation of gained experiences, further developing their presentation skills and gaining exposure to members across levels within Bayer;
- Examples of responsibilities Information Technology
Interns have include:
- Define, scope, outline and deliver on technical solutions to enhance our customer’s experience with Bayer;
- Work with senior members of the team to deliver on tasks of low to medium complexity;
- Partner with IT members to gain a direct view of
what is involved in supporting IT backbone
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in sophomore year or higher pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Information Science, STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Business field;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals;
- Self-driven leadership skills demonstrated by initiative and positive approach to tasks, decision-making;
- US Citizen/US working permit.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is preferred (GPA must be stated on the resume/unofficial transcripts upon initial application) to demonstrate applicable knowledge of educational degree.
**To all interested candidates***
An unofficial copy of your transcripts or a copy of your course schedule to date, including grades must be submitted with your application in order to be considered further. ** (Screen shot, etc. will be acceptable).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: CA-Berkeley, MO-Kansas City, NJ-Morristown, NJ-Whippany, PA-Pittsburgh