Health, Safety & Environmental Technician
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health, Safety, and Environmental Technician, are to:
- Be knowledgeable of and support all departments at the site with all Health, Safety, and Environmental Technician (HSE) programs applicable to their areas;
- Assist with the implementation of environmental, safety and occupational health laws, regulations, principles, theories, practices, and procedures to advise on or resolve technical matters dealing with environmental, occupational safety and health requirements;
- Assist with the development of environmental, safety and occupational health practices, and procedures to eliminate or control potential hazards;
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs to reduce the frequency, severity, and cost of accidents and occupational illnesses;
- Inspect or survey work areas, processes, products, or other systems for compliance with established environmental, safety and occupational health policies or standards and to identify potential new hazards;
- Educate and oversee employees on health and safety procedures and regulations;
- Encourage and promote the use of safer work equipment, materials and supplies;
- Be directly involved with all site safety teams including safety committees;
- Build relationships with employees, contractors and guests.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Two-year experience in an office environment;
- Ability to Communicate in English, both Verbal and Written;
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Working knowledge of ESH, OSHA, VPP regulations;
- Experience with production system leadership and tools (Lean, 5S, Kaizen).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_37]
Entry Level: 5