Health Safety & Environmental Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health Safety & Environmental Intern are to:
- Facilitate continuous improvement of current safety programs;
- Conduct risk analysis of high hazard processes throughout the farms;
- Collaborate with Safety and production to strengthen relationship;
- Incident investigations and root causes analysis;
- Conduct field audits;
- Data Collection and analysis of current safety tends;
- Conduct Risk assessments.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program;
- Hold a valid driver’s license, as driving between local sites/fields is necessary;
- Candidates must have their own transportation to and from the worksite, as most of the work locations are situated in areas with no public transportation available;
- Ability to build relationships and work well in a team-based environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Self-motivated with a strong results orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a deadline while being able to focus on details;
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to organize (thoughts, data, etc);
- Excellent computer skills related to data acquisition and record keeping;
- Demonstrated leadership ability,
- Desire to learn and willing to ask questions and able to adapt to change.
- Pursing a degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Ag Business, Agriculture Technology Systems, Technology or related field of study
- Use of a company pooled car may be preferred during the workday – if available at your work site. In order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_9]
Entry Level: 1