Head of North America Seed Physiology Testing
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Head of North America Seed Physiology Testing is supporting a critical stage of US Seeds Product Supply and has direct impact on supply for the entire portfolio of seed production, valued over $8B.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Head of North America Seed Physiology Testing, are to:
- Manage, direct and lead all aspects of seed quality physiological testing for Bayer Crop Science at the Waterman, IL Seed Testing Technology Center as well as provide process oversight to 12 manufacturing site satellite labs across the US;
- Responsible for developing, implementing and leading a working environment that provides the Waterman Seed Technology Center team members (4 Operations Managers, 3 Technical Leads, HSE & Quality Support, 36 Laboratory Technicians and 50 Contractors) a high level of empowerment, with opportunities for personal and professional development, and promotes the building of partnerships with other groups (HSE, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.);
- Establish solid and clear connections with a global list of business customers and stakeholders to increase transparency of lab status and performance and enable rapid resolution of any issues;
- Responsible for the financial performance of the Waterman Seed Testing Technology Center and its facilities. This includes the development and execution of capital investment budgets and strategies and annual operating budget;
- Lead and foster OnePSS integration and drive a culture of continuous improvement through goal setting, KPI monitoring and accountability to goals;
- Develop and executes strategies for implementation of key automation technologies and future state plans in seed physiology testing, influencing key business stakeholders.
This position has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to be the "face" of Bayer within the community. It will maintain a culture built on trust and collaboration focusing on safety and customer guided by Bayer’s LIFE Values of Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural, business or scientific/technical discipline with a Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in the same disciplines with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience;
- 5 years previous leadership experience developing teams and leaders;
- Possess managerial, leadership, coaching skills and the business acumen to effectively lead the activities and development of direct reports and successfully interact with a broad range of internal and external functional-groups at all levels of BCS organization;
- Demonstrated experience in developing long term strategies and the change management skills required to manage a team through them.;
- Experience managing budgets in business/team with high financial impact.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_20]
Entry Level: 5