Head of Advanced Phenotyping and Automation
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Head of Global Advanced Phenotyping and Automation, are to:
- Identify new technology opportunities in plant trialing and phenotyping (e.g., vertical ag, digital imaging, robotics, usage of drones etc.);
- Create strategic development plans that align with key business objectives;
- Develop and test pilot systems for new plant growth and phenotyping technologies;
- Develop production systems in the R&D pipeline for new plant growth and phenotyping technologies;
- Work closely with the Regional Breeding and Testing operations ensure broad adoption and deployment of new phenotyping technologies in the regions;
- Ensure the sustained operation of new systems by providing technical training and maintenance plans;
- Network across Bayer R&D organizations to leverage technical and people resources;
- Connect and explore external partnerships in the automated and advanced phenotyping research area;
- Recruit, develop and retain talent ▪ Ensure leadership and organizational development, including growth opportunities for key leaders and strong succession;
- Fiscally responsible for capital and budgetary oversight and for care and maintenance of company assets.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Sciences/ Data Science/Engineering and 10+ years’ experience with proven ability to lead innovation, influence, develop talent and develop research strategies;
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to simplify and articulate technical information to all levels of the organization;
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and acumen to evaluate the ROI of various new technologies and make financial and technical based recommendations to the business.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 5