Head Greenhouse Grower
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Head Greenhouse Grower, are to:
- Manage daily environmental conditions, irrigation and programming needs for germ house and greenhouse environments;
- Development and maintenance of environmental growth protocols within PRIVA control system to ensure successful crop production;
- In partnership with Engineering and Facilities Teams establish proactive maintenance programs that ensure uninterrupted performance of greenhouse environment;
- Frequent and timely communication with Engineering and Production Teams to ensure alignment, address challenges, correct errors that may impact plant or seed quality and share best practices;
- Develop and monitor KPIs and metrics that report on operating performance;
- Proactive interaction with plant production team to ensure systems are running as intended, analyze/review key data and adjust protocols or recipes;
- Lead projects specific to LEAN principles focused on reducing waste and improving efficiencies;
- Utilize Agrian and Trail Manager to map greenhouses, track house utilization and pesticide applications.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Agriculture, Biosystems Engineering or related field;
- 5+ years of experience in controlled environment / greenhouse;
- Agriculture experience with greenhouse environmental control systems;
- Demonstrated decision-making ability;
- Strong computer skills; data acquisition & analysis;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency using Spotfire, Microsoft Office, PRIVA software and hardware, experience with hydroponic systems, water chemistry and/or nutrient management.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_35]
Entry Level: 3