Global Project Leader-Therapeutics
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Global Project
Leader-Therapeutics, are to:
- Conduct efficient and timely project leadership according to the new product development (NPD) process to deliver projects on time, on budget, within Target Project Profile (TPP), meeting required quality and success criteria;
- Lead the cross functional Global Project Team (GPT) and holds GPT members and other R&D, Category Leadership, Commercial, Communications, Legal, HR, and PS functions accountable for their deliverables;
- Ensure planning and project management occurs according to the established governance process and project management process;
- Manage the end-to-end budget for her/his NPDs, including all internal and external resources, costs; and tracks and monitors the Return of Investment of the NPD;
- Be responsible for transparency and reporting of the progress of the NPD, especially with regard to quality assurance, goal achievement, project risks, timelines and budgets to enable decision making based on objective and reliable information;
- Oversee the risk assessment of the NPD and summarizes opportunities and barriers to project success with clearly outlined solution options. Escalates issues as needed to ensure course correction prior to off-track events occurring;
- Partner closely with Commercial Innovation Lead (CIL) to deliver the PSF (Project Submission Form) and the business case contributing to completion of Gate A submission;
- Collaborate closely with CIL throughout the entire development phase to ensure commercial alignment and following a successful launch in lead markets, ensure proper hand over to CIL and launch team for launch roll-out.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Scientific / technical degree with emphasis on chemistry, biological sciences, engineering or medical sciences;
- Bachelor of Science Degree with emphasis on chemistry, biological sciences, engineering or medical sciences (or international equivalent) with a minimum of ten years of proven experience, a Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of six years of proven experience, or a Ph.D. (or international equivalent) with a minimum of four years .
- Proven track record in leading individuals and teams in cross-functional international environments as well as in achievingsuperior results as project leader;
- Highly effective leadership skills energizing and enabling teams to achieve outstanding results;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills and ability to interface at senior level with third parties/ development partners;
- Incumbent must embrace change and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Post-graduate technical degree and/or project management credentials;
- Advanced degree (PhD, MBA);
- Experience in clinical trial management, product development, regulatory etc.;
- Successfully delivering results in global matrix organizations and proficiency of English and a second global language is desirable.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.