Field Operations Intern
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Operations Intern, are to:
- Assist in crop and trial establishment involving measuring and labeling plots, planting/transplanting crops, evaluating plots for efficacy and crop phytotoxicity, assist with irrigation systems, and harvest;
- Mix and apply crop protection products under the supervision of the Field Operations representative;
- Assist with loading and hauling equipment to research sites in the supervisor’s territory;
- Perform field trial and equipment maintenance;
- Assist with establishment and monitoring of Sales demonstration trials;
- Enter data into the SCOUT system;
- Work flexible hours which may exceed 8 hours per
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in an agronomic science or closely related biological or agricultural field of study;
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team and must be able to physically perform field duties (including lifting up to 50 lbs.) under highly variable conditions;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a safe, efficient manner;
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience on a farm or an agricultural background;
- A general knowledge of computer operating systems;
- A non-commercial or commercial pesticide applicator license in the state of residency.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.