Expert Change Management & Communications Manager
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Expert Change Management & Communications Manager, are to:
- Provide structured change management support and guidance for strategic DS&A projects and initiatives, adapting the approach based on the unique needs of the project.
- Leverage change management templates and learning materials, assessing what’s necessary for each project and identifying efficient use of templates, materials and resources to drive project level success.
- Leverage Bayer methodologies (Prosci ADKAR and Bridges) and continue to provide input and feedback to support continuous improvement in DS&A’s adaptation of these methodologies.
- For assigned projects, continuously manage communication activities and implement required countermeasures as needed.
- Design communication deliverables / solutions that simplify complex messages and deliver them in a variety of formats, increasing staff engagement and awareness.
- Adapt DS&A communication methods / solutions to meet the needs of assigned projects (such as SharePoint, video development, content development, branding).
- Monitor the Key Performance Indicators for Change Management and Communications specific to assigned projects and recommend suggestions/solutions to enhance metrics.
- Provide support and input to the Head of Change Management and Communications and act as a valued partner to key stakeholders on assigned projects, members of Learning and Communications and other DS&A functions.
- Provide fit-for-purpose change management expertise and experience to increase stakeholder engagement, enhance transparency and enable key business partners to better understand assigned DS&A strategic projects.
- Change is a business constant – enabling staff to understand what’s changing, how it will impact their work and enabling clear, concise communication of the changes will support staff performance, and engagement.
- Communication is a critical pillar to Learning and Communications, enabling both internal and external business partners to understand DS&A business developments, and enabling team members to implement communications solutions which are directly linked to employee awareness, development, and engagement.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, business or information management discipline, with 8 years of experience in a large global organization and in depth knowledge of clinical development process.
- A Master’s degree in a scientific, business or communication discipline with 6 years’ experience in a large global organization and in depth knowledge of the clinical development process.
- 2+ years of experience leading transformational, strategic change initiatives in a matrixed organization. Experience in leading and implementing change management methodologies (including Prosci ADKAR and Bridges)
- Experience/exposure to a variety of communication media with ability to apply effective communication principles in managing communications for assigned projects.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams without reporting authority. Leadership, motivational, and collaborative skills are critical. Ability to effectively manage projects in changing times as well as strong interpersonal skills in the management of key project stakeholders in a global environment.
- Successfully contributed to cross-functional communication projects in a matrixed organization with proven success demonstrated in the areas of corporate communications, change management and cross functional team leadership.
- Leadership of projects leveraging structured change management methodologies and principles – be able to adapt them based on project breadth and scope.
- Must be strong in communication and able to tailor messages to various audiences. Is aware of concerns and fears colleagues might have (both personally and generally) and proactively addresses them.
- Must have good technological understanding and be able to translate technical plans and achievements into business language and meaningful concepts. Is able to bridge temporary gaps and provides workaround solutions.
- Must have strong influencing skills, and flexibility to adapt to diverse management styles and be able to convey the bigger picture and value for the organization.
- Must possess a team-oriented focus, willing to leverage skills and experience to support colleagues in functions outside of L&C direct accountability in support of the ‘One DS&A’ vision
- Desire and motivation to take on special projects, where practical and appropriate, in support of the Head of Learning and Communications or Head of Change Management and Communications.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with an understanding of SharePoint.
- Must be detail oriented, ability to
multitask with strong prioritization, planning and organization
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_28]
Entry Level: 5